Q:  How do I know if a city-sponsored event is cancelled?
A:  The department of parks and recreation staff will update the weather activity hotline on weekdays by 4:00p.m. and on weekends by 7:30a.m.  Cancellations will be posted on our website by clicking on the Rainout Line tab on our home page.

Q:  Can a non-resident sign up for activities?
A:  All parks and recreation activities are open to residents and non-residents.  Non-Residents will be assessed an additional fee.

Q:  Schools are closed because of severe weather conditions.  Are parks and recreation activities cancelled?
AIf North Ridgeville City Schools close due to inclement weather, all classes offered through the Parks and Recreation Department being HELD at any city school facility will be cancelled.  Parks and Recreation will attempt to make up all cancelled classes that were being held at school facilities.  The parks and recreation department will make an appropriate call to cancel classes at park & recreation facilities if it is deemed necessary. 

Q:  What payment methods are accepted when I register for activities?
  • Cash or money order

  • Check made payable to NR Parks & Rec

  • Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard and Discover)
Q:  What are the park hours?
A:  Parks are open to the public year-round, dawn to dusk.  Only exceptions are the Splash Pad and NRPRD facility space.

Q:  Is there any indoor activity space available for public rentall?
A:  Unfortunately, North Ridgeville Parks and Recreation only has outdoor shelters available at this time.  Please call the Parks and Recreation office at (440) 353-0860 for outdoor rental information.

Q:  Why does the parks and recreation department adhere to registration deadlines?
A:  Registration deadlines help the department make sound judgment on the needs of each specific program.  Signing up on or before the deadline helps the staff meet necessary deadlines needed to have programs run efficiently.  Some programs are assessed a late fee if the deadline has past.  PLEASE sign up on time. 


Q:  Can my child have his / her birthday party at the Splash Pad?

A:  The Splash Pad currently doesn't offer special accommodations for birthday parties.

Q:  How do I know if the Splash Pad is closed due to weather?
A:  Cancellations will be posted on our website by clicking on the Rainout Tab which is located on our home page.

Q:  Is the splash pad available to non-residents?
A:  Unfortunately, the Splash Pad is open to North Ridgeville Residents.

Q:  May we reserve the pavilion shelter right next to the Splash Pad?
A:  The pavilion is first come, first serve; reservations cannot be made on that particular pavilion.

Q:  What are the hours of operation?
A:  Daily 10:00a.m. - 8:00p.m. The Splash Pad is operational starting the last Saturday in May and closes for the season the day after Labor Day. 

Q:  Where can I find the splash pad rules and regulations?
A:  Rules and Regulations pertaining to the Splash Pad can be found under the Rules & Regulation Module located on our website.  Any additional inquiries please call the Parks and Recreation office at 440-353-0860.


Q:  Do you honor participant requests?
A:  It is the philosophy of the City of North Ridgeville Department of Parks and Recreation to treat all persons fairly and equally, including offering equal baseball / softball experiences for all leagues and teams.  In adhering to this philosophy, there will be a maximum of four (4) players that may be automatically assigned to each team.  These player's consist of the managers child, two assistants children and respective team parent and or sponsor child.  No other participant requests will be honored. 

Q:  How do I know what team my child is on?
A:  Managers will call all team members after their respective team draft has been administered.
Q:  Can I request my child be moved-up a league?
A:  The criteria to move up is as follows. 
  1. The child must have played one year in the league.  
  2. Parent/guardian must register their child in the league they are slated to be enrolled in.  
  3. A formal request to move-up must be submitted to Michael Hrusch, Recreation Supervisor via email (  
  4. Once the request has been received the Recreation Supervisor will verify they played one year in the league before the transfer is met.  
  5. North Ridgeville Parks and Recreation will then communicate with the parent/guardian that the request was approved or denied.  
  6. If the request was approved, the decision is final. Once you are moved-up you cannot move down into another league.

Q:  What is part of my child's uniform:
A:  The North Ridgeville Department of Parks and Recreation uniform consists of baseball/softball pants, shirt, socks, visor, and or hat.  The uniform does not get turned back in at the conclusion of the season.  Sponsor names will be placed on the back of each uniform.

Q:  When does the season start and end?
A:  Teams will have their first practice in mid April.  Practices will be scheduled Monday-
Saturday on various days / nights.  League play will begin in May.

Q:  What am I required to do as a coach?
A:  If you would like to be a coach in our program a background check will be performed by BIB (third party administer).  The manager will also be required to go through Lindsey Law & Concussion Protocol training.

Q:  What size bat should I buy?
A:  Please be sure to adhere to the following guidelines when purchasing a bat for your child.  These guidelines are in place to ensure the safety of participants.  T-Ball and Coach Pitch bats should be labeled "Little League Approved".  Barrel size for every other league should not exceed 2 3/4 inch in diameter.   The purchasing of a bat is not mandatory, equipment is provided by the department.
  • T-Ball (PreK-K):  Bat Length 25-27in.
  • Coach Pitch (1st & 2nd Grade):  Bat Length 25-28in.
  • Baseball Minors (3rd & 4th Grade): Bat Length 28-32in.
  • Girls Minors (3rd-5th Grade):  Bat Length 28-32in.
  • Baseball Majors (5th & 6th Grade): Bat Length 28-32in.
  • Softball Majors (6th-8th Grade):  Bat Length 28-32in.
  • Baseball Jr. Thurman (7th & 8th Grade): Bat Length 30-34in.
  • Softball Seniors (9th-12th Grade): Bat Length  30-34in.
  • Baseball Sr. Thurman (9th-12th Grade): Bat Length 30-34in.

Can I request for child to be on a certain team:
A:  Balancing talent levels on each team is the primary goal in assembling teams in each division.  Unfortunately, we do not accept player requests.  The only exceptions are siblings and children living in the same household where age and gender would place them in the same division.  The Parks and Recreation Department has the right to honor certain requests that may arise.
Q:  How will I know what team my child is placed on?
A:  Volunteer coaches will contact each player assigned to their team after the coaches meeting. 

Q:  What should players wear?
A:  Uniforms will be ordered immediately following the coaches meeting.  Uniforms consist of a jersey and shorts.  Players are suggested to wear athletic shoes with non-marking soles.

Q:  When will games be played?
A:  Each team will play one time per week.  Games will be played on Saturdays.  Schedules will be posted online under the schedules tab.

Q:  Where can I get information about becoming a coach?
A:  We're always searching for enthusiastic new coaches for every age division.  Interested coaches should contact Recreation Supervisor, Michael Hrusch at 440-353-0880 or for further information.


Q:  When can I reserve a pavilion for the spring / summer?

A:  North Ridgeville Parks and Recreation begins taking reservations starting the first business day in January for the same calendar year.  

Q:  How do I reserve a pavilion?
A:  Reservations can be made in person at the Parks & Recreation Department (7327 Avon Belden Road, North Ridgeville, Ohio 44039) or online through our website.  For more information please contact Melissa Shirley at (440) 353-1503 or 

Q:  Can you hold a pavilion for me until I get there?
A:  No, we take no reservations over the phone even if they are coming right in to make the reservation.

Q:  Are alcoholic beverages allowed?
A:  No.  Alcoholic beverages or beverages that claim to be non-alcoholic are allowed in any of the parks. 

Q:  Can we obtain a permit to have alcoholic beverages
A:  No, there is no such permit.

Q:  Can we have a picnic in the gazebo?
A:  No.  This is used mainly for weddings and concerts. 

Q:  Can we have a band or DJ?
A:  No.  This is a naturalistic park, and only bands for city sponsored events are allowed.  Radios are allowed but volume must be kept low.

Q:  Is there a rental fee or deposit for reserving a pavilion or gazebo?
A:  Yes.  Rental fees are in place for the pavilions and gazebo at South Central Park.  Pavilion and Gazebo rental agreement can be found under the FORMS tab.