For only Five Dollars ($5) each, we will hold your space in any single program we offer. If the program proceeds as planned, you will receive a $5.00 credit and need only pay the balance before the program starts. If the program is cancelled or rescheduled your $5 remains as a household credit you or any member of your household can use at a later date.
RECREATION DEPARTMENT NEWS
COVID 19 Updates
We are currently experiencing uncertain times and we have an obligation to protect our most vulnerable citizens. As such, following the directive of Governor Mike DeWine and in an attempt to limit exposure to COVID-19, we will close the Senior Center building as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020. In addition to the closing of the Senior Center building, all activities that occur in that building will be cancelled. Shady Drive batting cage, Safetyville building and Community Cabin are all closed as of that date and all activities that occur in those facilities are cancelled. All of these cancellations and closures are until further notice..
UPDATE: MAY 1ST, 2020
- Stay-at-home order extended through Friday, May 29
- Splash Pad will not open for season on Saturday, May 23.
- Playgrounds, basketball, tennis & pickleball courts remain closed.
- Lorain County Pride Day for Saturday, May 16 has been cancelled.
UPDATE: MAY 5TH, 2020
- Touch-A-Truck scheduled for Saturday, June 6 has been cancelled. We will look to re-schedule in the fall.
UPDATE: MAY 26TH, 2020
- 2020 Youth Baseball-Softball Season cancelled.
- 2020 Summer Adventure Camp will run. We will follow the Responsible RestartOhio Day Camp Guidelines. Camp will be 9 instead of 10 weeks. Weekly registration has been decreased from 30 to 16.
- Summer Concert Series has been cancelled through June.
- Movies in the Park has been cancelled through June.
- Cornfest 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament has been cancelled.
- Splash Pad remains closed.
UPDATE: JUNE 1ST, 2020
- Shady Drive Complex - At this time, teams looking to utilize Shady Drive Complex Fields will need a permit. Facility agreements are readily available on our website under the forms tab. Teams can contact Brandon Sweet at (440) 353-0880 to reserve a field.
- All pavilion remain open, but we are not taking rentals.
- Playgrounds & Splash Pad remain closed
UPDATE: JUNE 8TH, 2020
- Playgrounds & Outdoor Fitness Equipment will re-open on Wednesday, June 10. By clicking HERE you can view the Play Safe rules designed by Lorain County Public Health.
- Splash Pad in South Central Park will remain closed until further notice.
UPDATE: JUNE 15TH, 2020
- Star Spangled Celebration scheduled for Friday, July 3 has been postponed. Click HERE to read the press release.
- Passive and active recreation programs will be re-introduced the week of July 6 under guidelines. Registration is currently open.
UPDATE: JUNE 22ND, 2020
- Splash Pad in South Central Park will re-open to North Ridgeville Residents (no outside guests are permitted, must show proof of residency upon request) at 10:00a.m. on Friday, July 3. Seating is unavailable, please bring your own chair and be 6ft. from guests. Click HERE to view the restricted rules.
- Movies in the Park has been cancelled.
- Summer Concert Series has been cancelled.
UPDATE: JULY 6TH, 2020
- No new updates at this time.
UPDATE: JULY 13TH, 2020
- Basketball courts will re-open for use on Monday, July 20. Only 2 hoops will be re-installed at this time. Click HERE to view the restricted rules.
The North Ridgeville Parks and Recreation Department will re-open all outdoor tennis and pickleball courts with restricted play rules on Monday, May 18.
Players are encouraged to practice social distancing minimums of at least 6 feet and follow specific rules and guidelines for play recommended by the United States Tennis Association and USA Pickleball Association. We urge players to be respectful of others and make responsible choices while utilizing park courts.
The City continues to monitor the CDC, ODH and LCPH for guidance on re-opening additional park amenities. Open greenspace, parks and trails continue to be accessible to the public at this time. Please note that park goers may find limited access to public restrooms and water fountains. Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
This guidance is current as of today, but is a fluid and evolving situation changing by the day as incremental re-opening guidelines are released.
We continue to urge everyone to keep abreast of the latest public health information via the CDC website at www.cdc.gov, Ohio Department of Health and the Lorain County Public Health Department.
Interested in running a program? The North Ridgeville Parks and Recreation Department is always looking for new program instructors. Applications can be found under the “Jobs” tab.